USC quarterbacks coach Bryan Ellis spoke about freshman quarterback JT Daniels:
“Every day he is a little faster.
“There’s some things we have to fix mechanically. He knows that.
“Where he’s so far advanced is his mind. More mentally with him is what’s really impressive.
- Ellis on the offense as a whole:
“We got to play a little faster. We’ve got to see things a little quicker.”
- Daniels had a pass intercepted by freshman Isaac Taylor-Stuart during 1-on-1 drills Thursday.
- Injury update: Linebacker Palaie Gaoteote will have an MRI on his knee to determine the extent of an injury. Wide receiver Michael Pittman sprained his shoulder Thursday and left practice.
- The most improved QB has been redshirt freshman Jack Sears. The problem for Sears is he will need to be better than Daniels to beat him out because Daniels is Daniels.
- Former Dallas Cowboys coach Dave Campo is working as a defensive consultant, helping out with the defensive backs. This might be a rare case of someone defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast will not be threatened by because Campo is 71 and not looking for something bigger.