I hope Lincoln Riley can start this week at USC.
He has a lot to do: Instill discipline, get rid of coaches/support staff that need to go, clean up the roster and start looking for new offensive/defensive linemen.
Obviously, no coaches will be fired this week with USC playing Cal on Saturday, but Riley will start hiring his own staff.
- ESPN reported Sunday night that Oklahoma defensive coordinator Alex Grinch will join Lincoln Riley at USC. Grinch already has Pac-12 experience with Mike Leach at Washington State.
- Riley’s buyout at Oklahoma was $4.5 million. See how easily USC is spending money. It’ll probably cost another $20 million to pay Riley and his coaches. But some claimed USC had no money to buy out Clay Helton.
- I don’t really care if Donte Williams stays or leaves but I don’t like this belief that there are a group of players who are only at USC because of him.
If these players don’t have anything other than Williams keeping them around, then get rid of them. I’m sure Riley can find better players in the transfer portal.
- For what it’s worth, that huge puff piece on Mike Bohn last week did not result in the L.A. Times getting the scoop on the hiring of Lincoln Riley.
- This is why Riley is coming to USC. Would you want to deal with the SEC?
The offensive chant from our student section directed towards BYU during the football game last night does not align with our Trojan values.— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics) November 28, 2021
It was distasteful and we apologize to the BYU program.