The USC spring game confirmed a lot of suspicions about the Trojans.
- The quarterbacks were sacked at least eight times. The defensive line won the line-of-scrimmage battles.
- Three of the four scholarship QBs also threw interceptions, including Kedon Slovis. The offense had five turnovers.
- Defensive end Drake Jackson was dominating in the time he was on the field, knocking down a Slovis pass and sacking him in the same series. The other Drake (London) also played as expected.
- Slovis has good moments but also has some questionable ones.
- Freshman QB Jaxson Dart made a couple nice passes and tailback Keaontay Ingram had a short catch that turned into a 49-yard play. But I’ve written about them previously.
- Some of the tackling was shoddy but that’s part of a spring game. I don’t think you can form firm conclusions off any spring game but we already knew the offensive line was an issue and it still is.
- Clay Helton said defensive tackle Brandon Pili suffered a torn Achilles earlier in the week. That presumably rules him out for the season but we’ll see.