If you are a diehard USC football fan, the one time you want to hear from Clay Helton is after a scrimmage.
But during the Helton era, a weird quirk has developed during training camp and spring practices. Helton does not speak after Saturday scrimmages or allow players to talk to reporters.
When else do you want to hear who stood out or did something worth highlighting during camp?
- Coach Bohn allows this dumb policy.
- The Boy Wonder (Brandon Sosna) allows it.
- USC sports information allows it.
Why? It makes zero sense and deprives image-conscious USC a chance to easily promote its players. Just another example of USC shooting itself in the foot.
- Five-star defensive lineman Mykel Williams announced he will enroll at USC in January.
- USC received a commitment from shooting guard Oziyah Sellers of Modesto. He was also recruited by Santa Clara, San Diego State, Mississippi State and Arizona State and is ranked the No. 142 prospect in the nation by 247Sports.