- A few Saturday notes to start the weekend:
- Former USC basketball assistant Dave Miller predicted on twitter that forward Isaiah Mobley would commit to the Trojans on Friday. Mobley did not.
Mobley will eventually commit because his father, Eric, is now a USC assistant coach. So will Evan Mobley.
That is easy to predict. But picking the specific day carries some risk, obviously.
The fact Miller was wrong about something will not surprise anyone in the coaching profession. But it’s worth mentioning because most of the general public probably took his prediction at face value.
Here’s my prediction: USC will need to stay clear of NCAA sanctions for any big-time commitments to really matter.
- Andrew Mageo, a 6-foot-6, 315-pound offensive lineman, from Mesa, Ariz., will attend USC as a preferred walk-on. You can never have enough offensive linemen.
- Did you know the 901 bar and grill (or 9-0) opened at 6 a.m. on Friday morning for those wanting an early start to celebrate graduation?
- It’s a busy day for USC teams. Baseball is at Washington State; the men’s tennis team hosts UC Santa Barbara in the NCAA playoffs, the women’s water polo team hosts UCLA in the NCAA championship semifinals and the track and field teams are at the Pac-12 championships at Stanford.