Maybe before Graham Harrell officially sets up in Kliff Kingsbury’s old office, there are some things he should know:
- Does he know three of four team captains asked Clay Helton to start Jack Sears over JT Daniels? And Helton said, “my hands are tied.”
- Does he know Tee Martin tried to discipline a starting wide receiver during the 2017 USC-UCLA game by taking him out and Helton overruled him?
- Does he know a player took off his uniform before the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game because he was upset he wasn’t going to start and refused to play?
- Does he know the refs at the 2018 USC-Notre Dame game told Helton at least twice there were not enough men on the field for special teams plays?
- Does he know two football staff members (not coaches) were disciplined for appearing to be drunk on the sideline this season?
- Does he know a USC player told an assistant coach he would beat him up on the sideline of the 2018 USC-UCLA game because the coach reprimanded the player for committing a penalty?
- Does he know Helton secretly called plays while maintaining Tee Martin called every play?
Welcome aboard Graham!
He might have asked for $1.5 million per year if he knew all this.