Rick Caruso, chairman of the USC Board of Trustees, made an interesting comment about the College Admissions scandal.
“Everybody needs to be held accountable,” Caruso said. “We need to investigate it, fix the problem and move on.”
So how does Caruso define being accountable? Should Lynn Swann be held accountable for Donna Heinel’s actions? Should Swann be punished because Heinel was allowed to be a one-person operation when it came to admissions?
Does Swann get exonerated because he was ignorant of Heinel’s duties?
That’s a big question to be answered. USC would send an amazing message regarding accountability if it dumped Swann for his lack of oversight the past three years.
- USC holds a “situational scrimmage” this morning at Howard Jones Field.
- Narbonne wide receiver Joshua Jackson will announce his college choice today. No one will be surprised if Jackson chooses USC.
- Remember Korn Ferry, the consulting search firm that helped USC hire Steve Sarkisian as football coach? It didn’t hurt their reputation. The firm recently led a search that led Vanderbilt to hire Malcolm Turner as athletic director. And Turner said Friday that Korn Ferry will help him find a new basketball coach after he fired Bryce Drew.
Korn Ferry has done athletic director searches for Kansas, Virginia, Louisville, Illinois and Syracuse. USC recently used Isaacson, Miller to run the search that resulted in hiring new president Carol Folt.
- Wonder what search firm will be used to replace band director Arthur Bartner?
- USC men’s volleyball will play Long Beach State in the North Gym tonight at 7. The Trojans used to play in the North Gym before the Galen Center opened. The Trojans were kicked out of the Galen Center because the arena is hosting the Kids Choice Awards.