When Magic Johnson stepped down as Lakers president of basketball operations, people started saying he was like Lynn Swann because neither was fully committed to the job.
Maybe that aspect is true. But they are different in many other ways.
- My experiences with Johnson were friendly and I saw him act cordial with the media on many occasions.
- I’ve seen Johnson sign autographs for free.
- Johnson was liked by his teammates.
- Johnson is not an elitist.
- Johnson doesn’t spend most of his time on the golf course.
- Johnson doesn’t lecture Lakers fans with statements. He actually speaks like a human being.