NFL analyst Gil Brandt has defensive end Drake Jackson the No. 4 pick overall in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Did USC use Jackson last season like a guy who was the fourth-best player in the nation?
First, they had him lose 30 pounds and then they had him drop 30 yards down the field on pass coverage instead of pouncing on the QB.
Maybe this is not surprising because I wrote last week how Todd Orlando is “a little weird” per some players.
But even Orlando must realize he made a mistake last season. Jackson dominated a series in Saturday’s scrimmage when he knocked down a pass and sacked Kedon Slovis. He’s gone after this season so USC needs to decide if it wants to take advantage of him.
I put the 2021 draft to bed, starting on 2022:— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) April 19, 2021
My top 5 for 2022 (as of 4/19/21):
1. DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, @oregonfootball
2. S Kyle Hamilton, @NDFootball
3. CB Derek Stingley, Jr., @LSUfootball
4. DE Drake Jackson, @USC_FB
5. QB Sam Howell, @TarHeelFootball
- Here’s an excerpt of Petros Papadakis assessing recent USC scandals: