Today’s column will be in part in two parts: The history part will come later.
I view Kedon Slovis signing an NIL deal with Klutch Sports (of LeBron James fame) as a riskier move for the company than others probably do.
I don’t think Slovis is a slam-dunk NFL star QB and there are a lot of questions to be answered athletically. Not to mention questions from last season.
That doesn’t mean he won’t generate a lot of endorsement income. It just means he might not be as good a long-term investment as other marquee quarterbacks.
- Here were are in late July and USC still has three players with No. 6 (Isaac Taylor-Stuart, Joshua Jackson, Miller Moss) on the roster. This is truly the program that cannot say no to any player.
Taylor-Stuart and Jackson cannot both wear No. 6 because they are cornerbacks. USC originally waited on taking away No. 6 from someone in case someone transferred. But Taylor-Stuart and Jackson are both expected to play this season.
- QB Devin Brown, who is committed to USC, is officially a four-star prospect after a successful summer. It’s amazing how much attention the USC media poured on Brown compared to five-star Malachi Nelson of Los Alamitos, who committed to Oklahoma over USC. USC: good. Everyone else: Bad.
- Does anyone think the Pac-12 will come out ahead at the end of the latest conference realignment maneuvers?
- Nick Saban gave an answer this week that Clay Helton never could regarding his longevity: “That’s simple, you have to win. What does it take to win? That answers the question better than anything. You have to have culture
- OK, I will have some history here. This color video of Wrigley Field in Los Angeles is worth a look: