I hope new defensive coordinator Alex Grinch runs a tight ship in the meeting rooms.
Grinch is the defensive coordinator and safeties coach. Roy Manning coaches nickel backs. Donte Williams coaches cornerbacks.
Here are my concerns:
- Who’s going to run the secondary meetings?
- Grinch because he is the coordinator? Will they meet separate with the corners, safeties and nickels in different rooms?
- Which coach is doing the work? How are are they breaking it down?
- Will Manning and Williams teach man-to-man coverages while Grinch coaches the safeties?
- Won’t some players have to play alternate between the corner and nickel positions? So does that mean Manning and Williams are coaching both? Manning will also be coaching the outside linebackers.
It’s also a lot of voices for the players to listen to.