Clay Helton was at Sun Belt Conference Media Day on Tuesday.
A big talking point was how he lives 7 minutes from his office at Georgia Southern and drove 45-60 minutes from his home in Palos Verdes to USC. He said he often slept in his McKay Center office Monday-Wednesday nights.
“You can’t put a price on being 7 minutes . . . half a cup of coffee . . . I’m two country songs away from the office,” Helton said. “You can’t put a price on being able to sleep at home with your wife every night.”
What about football?
“If you make the mistake of looking forward and not being in the moment . . . you’ll get your butt beat,” Helton said.
If you think people are no longer going to be fooled by Helton, think again.
Some quick thoughts from #SunBeltFB media days…— Noah Frary (@CallsByNoah) July 26, 2022
1. App St. will be really good once again (Favorite?)
2. Clay Helton & Curt Cignetti were impressive
3. CCU will be just fine with Grayson McCall back
4. Georgia St. will surprise a lot of people
5. Don’t sleep on Marshall/JMU/ODU