Time to start the week off with some notes:
- Today is the start of Carol Folt‘s tenure as USC president. And I’ve already had several emails sent to her that were forwarded to me from angry fans and former players about Lynn Swann and the state of the football program. Folt might need to hire a person just to deal with her emails.
- If USC promotes every team workout on social media like it is the greatest in history, why didn’t it mention that three key players skipped a workout last week, including a player who started almost every game last season.
- Someone I know at Fox Sports swears to me that Urban Meyer‘s wife loves Los Angeles.
- Jeffrey Bizzack, who agreed to plead guilty in the College Admissions Scandal, paid $250,000 to get his son into USC as a fake men’s volleyball player. Bizzack paid Rick Singer, the mastermind, $200,000.
But he also wrote a $50,000 check to “Galen Center.” Who received that money? Did it really go to the Galen Center? Or did it go to someone like Donna Heinel? Or someone higher?
- Next week is the debut of the reality series, “Love Island,” based on a popular English show. One of the cast members of the U.S. version is Yamen Sanders, son of the former USC basketball player.
- If you are a soccer fan, I bet you didn’t think Liverpool captain/midfielder Jordan Henderson would go to Covina to get a tattoo. Read here.