Korey Foreman made a play. I repeat. Korey Foreman made a play. He hadn’t even made a tackle before that interception.
It’s up to Alex Grinch and a poor defense now.
Caleb Williams stops himself by refusing to run for a first down and throwing a poor pass to Josh Falo.
- The USC defense just cannot make this easy. It lets UCLA score in 2 minutes, 32 seconds. USC 48, UCLA 45.
- USC goes to the ground game, which makes sense because UCLA’s defense is probably tired after that 11-second possession. Austin Jones has 105 yards rushing and Darwin Barlow makes first appearances and gains 25 yards in 2 plays, including the TD.
- USC defense is atrocious, never forget that. It took 11 seconds for UCLA to score.
- Fire whoever ordered that short kickoff.
- Caleb Williams is unstoppable right now. He has 394 yards passing and USC leads, 41-31.
- Did you think it was over? It’s not. UCLA needs 2:45 for a TD. USC 34, UCLA 31.
- Tyrone Taleni with the big forced fumble and USC quickly responds as Austin Jones scores on a 2-yard run. USC is on a 24-3 run. USC 34-24.
- Caleb Williams is dialed in again and throws a beautiful pass to Jordan Addison for the TD. USC 27, UCLA 24.
- USC holds UCLA to a field goal, which is a minor victory. UCLA 24, USC 20.
- USC might really regret those missed chancs in the first half, especially that late drive where Lincoln Riley called 2 awful pass plays and robbed any chance of a TD on that possession.
- Denis Lynch comes through with the FG and it’s 21-20 UCLA at halftime.
- USC just destroying itself. Lincoln Riley with 2 atrocious short-pass plays back-to-back and then Denis Lynch misses another FG.
- Caleb Williams is back in business after his slow start and he leads USC to a TD drive. But there’s still 1:42 left. UCLA 21, USC 17.
- It tool UCLA less than two minutes to answer back as DTR scores a TD. UCLA 21, USC 10.
- Denis Lynch looks better on this 45-yard FG and USC cuts UCLA leads to 14-10.
- USC finally scores as Caleb Williams runs six yards for the TD. No bad body language on that drive. UCLA 14, USC 7.
- What a quarter. USC hasn’t exactly acquitted itself in the biggest game of the year.
- And just like the Arizona and Cal games, the USC defense forgets to cover someone and gives up a TD. UCLA 14, USC 0.
- Wonder if Caleb Williams still thinks it is just another game after that terrible interception.
- UCLA takes a 7-0 lead by running the ball down the field. USC coaches told the players they need to stop the quarterback and tailback. They didn’t do it on that drive.
- Does USC need a special teams coach? Did you see that shank field goal attempt?
- Let’s not forget the USC offensive was pretty bad on that fourth-and-1.
- UCLA offense doesn’t do much and punts.
- Raleek Brown has a first down but runs backwards and then a play later Caleb Williams gets stuffed on fourth-and-1.
- UCLA defensive coordinator Bill McGovern is not expected to be at the game. That means Clancy Pendergast will call the defense.
- USC linebacker Eric Gentry is warmup up fine and looks ready to play. He’s had a high-ankle sprain if you wondered because USC has never announced his injury.
- Defensive back Jaylin Smith is out. He started the first nine games before coming off the bench last week. Safety Max Williams is warming. He left last week’s game with an apparent head injury.